Please HELP FILM THRIVE in WASHINGTON STATE!
Here are some things you can do to make it happen…
1. WRITE YOUR LEGISLATORS outlining your support for Senate Bill 6027. You can find your legislators here: http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
Some great talking points can be found here: http://keepfilminwa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Keep-Film-in-WA-Fact-Sheet-FINAL.pdf
But craft your letter as personally as possible, letting your rep know how this bill will affect/has affected your life and career in the NW.
2. CALL TOLL FREE NUMBER to let your legislator know that you support Senate Bill 6027. EASY PEASY. It takes 2 minutes, and every call is officially registered with your rep!
3. ATTEND WA FILM DAY IN OLYMPIA on March 17th!!!!
I can’t stress this enough. We need bodies (preferably living) to represent our industry as vocally and creatively as possible.
*** Please RSVP Washington Filmworks ASAP to let them know you will be attending WA FILM DAY in Olympia, WA on 3/17/15: http://washingtonfilmworks.org/washington-filmworks-news/call-to-action-rsvp-for-film-day.
We are pushing for 300 attendees…but that’s a tall order. Just under 100 people showed up for WA FILM DAY when the bill was last up for a vote.
4. SIGN UP FOR AND INVITE PEOPLE to the official Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/324572214410494/
This will help us gauge a potential head count and serve as a place where information such as carpooling, etc., can be found.
5. PLEASE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ABOVE ON YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKS!!